Monday, May 19, 2008

Radiohead Did Not Disappoint

I hate Sunday, concerts, especially with my new work schedule-which calls for an early wake up call. I knew all of this before I signed up to attend last night’s concert, but let me tell you it was definitely worth it. As I mentioned, a few months ago, the show sold out minutes after tickets were available, so you can just imagine how bad parking was. We were at a stand still for 30 minutes, trying to exit last night’s venue. It was ridiculously worth it.

Cortnee and I sat on the lawn, which translates to crappy seats. When we went to the Mary J/ Jay-Z concert (which was at the same venue) we had VIP seats. We had a great view, comfy seats, our own waitress in our area, and great parking. Now for the Radiohead concert, we were so far away from the stage and there was no seating in the lawn area. But putting all that aside, it was still amazing. I know it’s hard to believe, but I had a wonderful time, despite all the pot-smoking hippies and drunken chain smokers around.

Radiohead came on stage around 8:45 pm and played roughly 26 songs. This morning I counted and I own eight of their albums and I still feel like I didn’t recognize a handful of their songs. However, they did have a great line up of songs I’m very familiar with: Fake plastic Trees, Optimistic, Idioteque, The Bends, There There, Everything in It’s Right Place, Exit Music For a Film, Body Snatchers, House of Cards, Weird Fishes, Jigsaw, Dollars and Cents, and the crowd pleaser finale Paranoid Android. Now Paranoid Android was absolutely amazing. Everyone was singing along and the stage lights were going crazy, it was everything a rock concert should be.

Radiohead - Paranoid Android


Well, the concert ended late and instead of making the journey from Dallas to Ft. Worth past midnight on a Sunday, I opted to stay at Cortnee's. So, glad I did because I actually feel well rested and ready to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment